Sunday, May 17, 2015

Everything going kaput

Actually, it's not everything. Mostly the dishwasher and Mozilla Firefox.

Got home to find the sink piled with dishes. Not such a surprise, as Emily, while she cleans like a dirt devil, doesn't do dishes.

So, I put away the clean dishes, rinsed and scrubbed the dirty dishes and then...Nothing.  Can't get the touch control panel to do anything but show a blue light for draining and a red light for drying. After investigating some You Tube videos that don't really touch on the subject, I've decided to bring in aa appliance repairman tomorrow. Maybe he can help get the dishes cleaner so I don't have to scrub them as much.

My Mozilla is slow, but it occurs to me to just delete it and download another one. More troubling, my monitor sometimes turns off and then doesn't come back to life when I tap keys. Joe's going to visit Tuesday on his day off to investigate.

So, really, hardly anything is going kaput. We just watched an inspiring video with EB called "Celebration of what's right in the world." It is full of the most life-affirming and positive messages you can't even imagine. So, shame on me for even pretending to have a dark view of my life.

On top of that, the weekend was fantastic, and if there were five things I'd like to redo (mostly getting artwork back to the attendees) there are five hundred things that I will cherish in my memory. Chief among those, to hang with EB Lewis and co-run this thing with Ruth.

Life is good. Don't worry about the old car, the dirty dishes and the slow computer. Revel in Life and Love and your chance to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment